Jubecron Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jubecron Forum

The JUBECRON forum - Jamaican Chat, Dating, Games, Anime, and just meeting people.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Violence and the type of music we listen to

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RashyB
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
RashyB

Male
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2007-07-30

Character sheet
Weapon: Reverse Blade Katana
Class: Ninja Ninja
HP:
Violence and the type of music we listen to Left_bar_bleue50/50Violence and the type of music we listen to Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Violence and the type of music we listen to Empty
PostSubject: Violence and the type of music we listen to   Violence and the type of music we listen to Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 8:22 am

I had an epiphany the other day. I went to my cousin's funeral in Westmoreland who by the way was killed by gunmen. While in the community I heard some music playing (music by a popular current artist) and something just hit me. It was as clear as day, like a sudden revelation. We all hear people crying out for peace and the violence must stop and whatever but at the same time we have people singing about how "if bwoy dis dem light get out", "making blood flash pon wall"and "how hi marrow gonna fly" and watever. Bigging up crime and violence, making it seem cool. I know of one person in particular who is bigging up gunmen in his song. The man dem all posing and taking picture with some big gun. Anyone else notice something wrong here? What kinda example is that being set? Then you hear them say we dont have any influence over what people do, and we never tell John fi go take up gun n rob Mr. Chung or fo go kill him woman. But its all in the music. I think they should clean up their music and set a better example for people in the society. At the same time thats just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. But are we making it bad for ourselves? Thats a question that needs an answer because at the dance and stage shows this is the type of music that get the most forward.
Back to top Go down

Violence and the type of music we listen to
Page 1 of 1