Jubecron Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jubecron Forum

The JUBECRON forum - Jamaican Chat, Dating, Games, Anime, and just meeting people.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NCU Spring LAN Party 2008

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeff.
Elite Member
Elite Member
Jeff.

Male
Number of posts : 303
Mood : NCU Spring LAN Party 2008 Pensive
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Character sheet
Weapon: Kafziel
Class: Martial Artist Martial Artist
HP:
NCU Spring LAN Party 2008 Left_bar_bleue50/50NCU Spring LAN Party 2008 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

NCU Spring LAN Party 2008 Empty
PostSubject: NCU Spring LAN Party 2008   NCU Spring LAN Party 2008 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 6:53 am

All in all it was a good event (for me at least), I was prepared this time so nothing came as a shock to me...first lemme share the good stuff before i get to the shitty parts:

The venue change helped, alot. As there were no unexpected power surges or cuts to interfere with the gaming experience. The turnout was ok, it wasnt too little and wasnt too many, it had good vibes and an ok variety of games. One of the sponsors of the LAN party even brought a 42" TV for the sole purpose of just playing console games which i think was pretty kool. So Hi5 to the sponsor in that regard.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl was present, (which is what i wanted to play so i was satisfied Very Happy ), and that was utterly fun. Nintendo = EPIC WIN Very Happy

The tournaments started a little started a little haphazardly but they went underway and were completed, there was a FIFA08 tourny, NFS Most Wanted, and Grand Turismo 4.

Now to the part that everyone wants to hear <not, lol>

The timing for this LAN party was a bit off...why hold an event you expect to be supported by the students on a day when theyre all going home? that doesnt make ne sense at all scratch..and for something that is being hosted by the Information Science department..you know the supposed computer geeks, their network sucked ass. It fell asleep during the middle of the NFS tournament almost causing it to be postponed, so much for their "server". It would've been better if they had just plugged all the machines directly in to the hub they had...and to make things even more enjoyable, the person in charge of the networking split long before the party was over ..(hurray for school spirit..right...)

For you Counterstrike fans out there, no source was played (save for a few friends of mine idling), as I expected. Unreal 2007 was played casually and NO strat games were played...at all.

The high point of the LAN party in my opinion, the console section, it was great to see a next gen console at the lan party and a Wii no less.

They still need to work on the organization a bit but it was an improvement from the last party i went to.
Back to top Go down
Link
Admin
Admin
Link

Male
Number of posts : 1217
Mood : NCU Spring LAN Party 2008 Balanced
Registration date : 2007-07-26

Character sheet
Weapon: Wooden Spoon of Ignorance
Class: Red Mage Red Mage
HP:
NCU Spring LAN Party 2008 Left_bar_bleue50/50NCU Spring LAN Party 2008 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: NCU Spring LAN Party 2008   NCU Spring LAN Party 2008 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 12:06 pm

any RTS? I didnt go because i didnt expect much Ages players. and Backaz called me and told me she wasnt going. So since i had no other gaming links to NCU except Grim (who said he prolly wouldnt show) i just stayed home.
Back to top Go down
https://jubecron.forumotion.com
Jeff.
Elite Member
Elite Member
Jeff.

Male
Number of posts : 303
Mood : NCU Spring LAN Party 2008 Pensive
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Character sheet
Weapon: Kafziel
Class: Martial Artist Martial Artist
HP:

PostSubject: Re: NCU Spring LAN Party 2008   NCU Spring LAN Party 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 10:58 am

Nope...no RTS
Back to top Go down
Grim
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Grim

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2007-10-27

PostSubject: Re: NCU Spring LAN Party 2008   NCU Spring LAN Party 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 3:38 pm

so... nooooboddy from here showed...

lul Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.grimsdomain.co.nr
Link
Admin
Admin
Link

Male
Number of posts : 1217
Mood : NCU Spring LAN Party 2008 Balanced
Registration date : 2007-07-26

Character sheet
Weapon: Wooden Spoon of Ignorance
Class: Red Mage Red Mage
HP:

PostSubject: Re: NCU Spring LAN Party 2008   NCU Spring LAN Party 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:15 am

Grim wrote:
so... nooooboddy from here showed...

lul Cool

well...

LAN party - RTS = No Link and a lame LAN party

Grim better brush up on his AOE/AOM so i can have a good battle sometime soon
Back to top Go down
https://jubecron.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NCU Spring LAN Party 2008   NCU Spring LAN Party 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NCU Spring LAN Party 2008
Page 1 of 1