Jubecron Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jubecron Forum

The JUBECRON forum - Jamaican Chat, Dating, Games, Anime, and just meeting people.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Woods: Williams apologized over racial slur

Go down 
AuthorMessage
yidiandiana
n00b
n00b
yidiandiana

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-11-28

Woods: Williams apologized over racial slur Empty
PostSubject: Woods: Williams apologized over racial slur   Woods: Williams apologized over racial slur Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:42 pm

Tiger Woods says he received an apology from former caddie Steve Williams over a racial slur when the two met and shook hands Tuesday.

"We talked this morning, we met face to face and talked about it, talked it through," Woods said, ahead of the Australian Open at The Lakes Golf Club.

Last week, Williams explained that he gave a contentious television discount jerseys interview at this year's Bridgestone Invitational -- soon after being dismissed by Woods -- because it "was my aim to shove it up that black a---."

"It was a wrong thing to say, something that we both acknowledge," Woods said. "He did apologize. It was hurtful, certainly, but life goes forward."

Woods said it was not up to him to call for sanctions against Williamscheap nhl jerseysThe PGA Tour and European Tour have said no action would be taken against Williams for the comment.

"Stevie's certainly not a racist," Woods said Tuesday. "There's no doubt about that. It was a comment that shouldn't have been made and was certainly one that he wished he didn't make."

He was asked how two people so close together for more than a decade -- Williams was on Woods' bag for 13 of his 14 majors over 13 years -- could become so distant so quickly. Woods fired Williams in July.

"That's a great question, I don't know that one," Woods said. "For me nba jerseys cheap personally it was a tough decision to make to go in a different direction in my personal life, but as far as personally, I don't know how it could have happened the way it did. But it just did and here we are.

"It's just one of those things where we'll see what time does and as we all know, time does heal wounds."

Asked for the source of the animosity between the pair, Woods replied: "That's between Stevie and me. We talked it through, and we'll leave it at that."

On Monday, Greg Norman called Williams' comment stupid but also jerseys usa said he felt the New Zealand caddie was not a racist.

"We've all made stupid comments at stupid times, unfortunately his stupid comment became global news," Norman said. "I know he probably regrets saying it but I guarantee you in that room on that night there was probably some heavier things said."

Adam Scott, whose win at the Bridgestone Invitational prompted Williams interview, remains the New Zealander's employer. He said in a statement that he believes "there is absolutely no room for racial discrimination in any walk of life, including the game of golf."

"I have discussed this matter directly with Steve and he understands cheap nfl jerseys and supports my view on this subject. I also accept Steve's apology, knowing that he meant no racial slur with his comments. I now consider the matter closed. I will not be making any further comment."

On Tuesday, Woods said he is injury-free for the first time in months, allowing him to practice at an accelerated rate.

"My bad rounds need to be under par, not over par," Woods said. "That's something I haven't done through this stretch."

That stretch is a victory drought of nearly two years -- his last win on any tour was at the Australian Masters in November 2009.

Weeks later, news of his infidelities surfaced, followed by a divorce, injuries and swing changes, leaving his win at Kingston Heath in Melbourne his last tour victory anywhere.

On Monday, Woods said "I've had a ruptured ACL (anterior cruciate ligament), I've had a broken leg, a torn Achilles, and strained ligaments over the last five years. I've been rehabbing for so long I haven't been able to train."
Back to top Go down

Woods: Williams apologized over racial slur
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jubecron Forum :: General Discussion :: News-
Jump to: