Jubecron Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jubecron Forum

The JUBECRON forum - Jamaican Chat, Dating, Games, Anime, and just meeting people.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer

Go down 
+3
Swiss
Link
ahmeer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ahmeer
Veteran Member Lv3: F***ing Heavy Poster!!
Veteran Member Lv3: F***ing Heavy Poster!!
ahmeer

Male
Number of posts : 2648
Mood : 400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer Devilish
Registration date : 2007-10-29

400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer Empty
PostSubject: 400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer   400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 12:13 am

Say Hello to the new 400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer

400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer Pioneer16-layerdisc_270x202

Got a big archiving project you’ve been itching to do? Pioneer’s latest development could help you keep all your data in one nice, little circular package. The Japanese electronics maker has been working on an optical disc, which, like Blu-ray, can store 25GB of data in a single layer. But Pioneer says it’s one-upped the high-definition format to the sixteenth degree. The company announced today that it has a single disc that contains 16 layers of storage, at 25GB each. That adds up to 400GB of data capable of being stored on a single disc.

Blu-ray comes in single layer (25GB) and dual-layer (50GB) flavors. Pioneer does say that because the lens specification for reading the discs is similar to Blu-ray, “it is possible to maintain compatibility” between its disc and Blu-ray discs. That’s not saying it will be compatible, but it would make sense since Pioneer is one of the original Blu-ray Disc Association members. However, plans for that archiving project will have to be put on pause if you want to use this technology. Pioneer is going to demonstrate it at an industry conference next week, but for now the disc is read-only. Eventually, they’ll add write capability as well.
Back to top Go down
http://ahmeer.co.nr/
Link
Admin
Admin
Link

Male
Number of posts : 1217
Mood : 400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer Balanced
Registration date : 2007-07-26

Character sheet
Weapon: Wooden Spoon of Ignorance
Class: Red Mage Red Mage
HP:
400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer Left_bar_bleue50/50400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: 400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer   400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 9:52 am

I'm really tired of trying to keep up and now have no intension on putting a BD-RW in my new system. I love the speed that these technologies are improving I guess this format will help us copy multiple 1080i videos to one disc. But still only 1% of the computing market (even lower in jamaica i bet) have monitors or TVs that are HiDef. Well I guess we can start tossing those huge magnetic tape mainframes and back everything up to a couple of these.

Last edited by Link on Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://jubecron.forumotion.com
Swiss
Elite Member
Elite Member
Swiss

Male
Number of posts : 770
Mood : 400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer Lucky
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Character sheet
Weapon: 7 Swords
Class: Monk Monk
HP:
400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer Left_bar_bleue50/50400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: 400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer   400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 2:13 pm

You kids and your "tech this and tech that" back in my day the only technology we had was the crapper, but it had no wires, we fueled it with hard oil from our buttox. It had a unique odor too, ahh... good times good times. I'm too old to keep up with these mangeykou disks and optychal dishes or whatever them things are called.
Back to top Go down
Random Nut
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Random Nut

Number of posts : 149
Mood : 400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer Insomnious
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Character sheet
Weapon: Omni Summoning Staff
Class: Scholar Scholar
HP:

PostSubject: Re: 400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer   400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 1:24 pm

Sweet!!

You know how many things can be archived with that!?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tubgirl.com
RashyB
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
RashyB

Male
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2007-07-30

Character sheet
Weapon: Reverse Blade Katana
Class: Ninja Ninja
HP:

PostSubject: Re: 400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer   400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 9:05 pm

That is quite big for a single disc. With 2 of that i could backup my entire computer. I wonder how durable they r though. DVDs weren't very durable n I think blu-ray disc hav some kinda anti scratch coating. Wat r they gonna do with this 1 2 ensure a longer lifespan.
Back to top Go down
Link
Admin
Admin
Link

Male
Number of posts : 1217
Mood : 400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer Balanced
Registration date : 2007-07-26

Character sheet
Weapon: Wooden Spoon of Ignorance
Class: Red Mage Red Mage
HP:

PostSubject: Re: 400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer   400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:05 pm

RashyB wrote:
That is quite big for a single disc. With 2 of that i could backup my entire computer. I wonder how durable they r though. DVDs weren't very durable n I think blu-ray disc hav some kinda anti scratch coating. Wat r they gonna do with this 1 2 ensure a longer lifespan.

personally i never found that CDs were very practical. I think that a simple design change like the what diskettes use would make them way better then how they currently are.

I know UMDs are quite similar and i applaud the idea but still think they should be full covered.
Back to top Go down
https://jubecron.forumotion.com
Jeff.
Elite Member
Elite Member
Jeff.

Male
Number of posts : 303
Mood : 400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer Pensive
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Character sheet
Weapon: Kafziel
Class: Martial Artist Martial Artist
HP:

PostSubject: Re: 400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer   400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:18 am

That's definitely going to cost an arm and a leg...
Back to top Go down
l33t
l33t

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: 400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer   400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 4:34 pm

Reddragon wrote:
That's definitely going to cost an arm and a leg...
lol yeah the ultimate back up device
Back to top Go down
Jeff.
Elite Member
Elite Member
Jeff.

Male
Number of posts : 303
Mood : 400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer Pensive
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Character sheet
Weapon: Kafziel
Class: Martial Artist Martial Artist
HP:

PostSubject: Re: 400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer   400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 12:10 pm

Great yes, ultimate...not yet, too small. need moar space. 1TB and up geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer   400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

400GB optical disc invented by Pioneer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jubecron Forum :: General Discussion :: Computing and Information Tech-
Jump to: