Jubecron Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jubecron Forum

The JUBECRON forum - Jamaican Chat, Dating, Games, Anime, and just meeting people.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HP researchers discovered intelligent memory

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ahmeer
Veteran Member Lv3: F***ing Heavy Poster!!
ahmeer

Male
Number of posts : 2648
Mood : HP researchers discovered intelligent memory Devilish
Registration date : 2007-10-29

HP researchers discovered intelligent memory Empty
PostSubject: HP researchers discovered intelligent memory   HP researchers discovered intelligent memory Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 1:18 am

HP researchers discovered intelligent memory Memister

Researchers at Hewlett-Packard have developed a working unit of a memory circuit that has existed in theory for 37 years, which could ultimately replace RAM and make computers more intelligent by tracking data it has retained. The technology, called memristor, could allow computers to make decisions by understanding past patterns of data it has collected, similar to human brains collecting and understanding a series of events. For example, a memristor circuit could be capable of telling a microwave the heating time for different food types based on the information it has collected over time, said Stanley Williams, senior fellow at HP.

A memristor circuit requires lower voltage and less time to turn on than competitive memory like DRAM and flash, Williams said. “Because it [uses] less voltage and less time, of course, it uses much less power,” Williams said. Denser cells also allow memristor circuits to store more data than flash memory. Through prototypes, HP is trying to show circuit designers what memristor is capable of doing. “What we have done is confirmed a concept for a new electronic device that was originally proposed nearly 40 years ago,” Williams said. Memristor is the fourth fundamental circuit element, joining the other three — resistor, capacitor and inductor — that had been known for 150 years, Williams said. The element has properties that cannot be duplicated by any combination of the other three elements.
Back to top Go down
http://ahmeer.co.nr/
RashyB
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
RashyB

Male
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2007-07-30

Character sheet
Weapon: Reverse Blade Katana
Class: Ninja Ninja
HP:
HP researchers discovered intelligent memory Left_bar_bleue50/50HP researchers discovered intelligent memory Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: HP researchers discovered intelligent memory   HP researchers discovered intelligent memory Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:34 pm

Interested new development. I bet the person who first proposed this 37 yrs ago was laughed to scorn or was denied funding/backing. i wonder if that person is still around. But we will see the development in the future. Just hope technology itself and these computers dont become so advanced and intelligent that they take over the world or even worse.
Back to top Go down
Mentally Unstable
Mentally Unstable

Male
Number of posts : 1080
Mood : HP researchers discovered intelligent memory Sick
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Character sheet
Weapon: Sword of Despair
Class: Martial Artist Martial Artist
HP:
HP researchers discovered intelligent memory Left_bar_bleue50/50HP researchers discovered intelligent memory Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: HP researchers discovered intelligent memory   HP researchers discovered intelligent memory Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 3:35 am

holy crap i can see it now Terminator 5: Real Life
Back to top Go down
http://animerebels.forumotion.com/portal.htm
SexyKammy
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
SexyKammy

Female
Number of posts : 1716
Mood : HP researchers discovered intelligent memory Sweettooth
Registration date : 2007-07-30

Character sheet
Weapon:
Class: Viking Viking
HP:

PostSubject: Re: HP researchers discovered intelligent memory   HP researchers discovered intelligent memory Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:28 am

Ahhha run hide it coming!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=515015547
Link
Admin
Admin
Link

Male
Number of posts : 1217
Mood : HP researchers discovered intelligent memory Balanced
Registration date : 2007-07-26

Character sheet
Weapon: Wooden Spoon of Ignorance
Class: Red Mage Red Mage
HP:

PostSubject: Re: HP researchers discovered intelligent memory   HP researchers discovered intelligent memory Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:53 am

Mentally Unstable wrote:

IT'S THE BEGINNING OF THE END!!!! SOMEONE FIND NEO AND SARAH CONNER SO WE CAN STOP THE MACHINES FROM TAKING OVER!!!

lol. This sounds so cool. I hope the technology isn released fot the next 6 years or so. I just bought a new laptop and cant be bothered watching everyone else walking around with "smart ram technology" when this bitch that costed so much goes outdated in a month.

Last edited by Link on Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://jubecron.forumotion.com
Mentally Unstable
Mentally Unstable

Male
Number of posts : 1080
Mood : HP researchers discovered intelligent memory Sick
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Character sheet
Weapon: Sword of Despair
Class: Martial Artist Martial Artist
HP:

PostSubject: Re: HP researchers discovered intelligent memory   HP researchers discovered intelligent memory Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 4:00 pm

LOL but hey I did it with mine.
Back to top Go down
http://animerebels.forumotion.com/portal.htm
ahmeer
ahmeer

Male
Number of posts : 2648
Mood : HP researchers discovered intelligent memory Devilish
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: HP researchers discovered intelligent memory   HP researchers discovered intelligent memory Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 3:40 am

Mentally Unstable wrote:

Yah this is exactly what will happen in the next 18-25 years.
I'm really looking farward to see this tech out and about !!.
Back to top Go down
http://ahmeer.co.nr/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HP researchers discovered intelligent memory   HP researchers discovered intelligent memory Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1