Jubecron Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jubecron Forum

The JUBECRON forum - Jamaican Chat, Dating, Games, Anime, and just meeting people.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Japanese honorifics (titles)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
iBlacknite2.0
Veteran Member Lv3: F***ing Heavy Poster!!
iBlacknite2.0

Male
Number of posts : 2728
Mood : Japanese honorifics (titles) Paranoid
Registration date : 2007-11-01

Character sheet
Weapon: Eyes
Class: Knight Knight
HP:
Japanese honorifics (titles) Left_bar_bleue50/50Japanese honorifics (titles) Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Japanese honorifics (titles) Empty
PostSubject: Japanese honorifics (titles)   Japanese honorifics (titles) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 5:32 pm

This is to make watching subbed anime more clear. I was always confused with the different titles, by that i mean, chan, sama, kun. So here is little thing that i thought would help.

San (さん) is the most common honorific and is a title of respect it s usually rendered as a common courtesy title like “Mr.” or “Ms.”
Kun (君) is an informal honorific primarily used towards males, It is used by persons of senior status in addressing those of junior status
Chan (ちゃん) is a diminutive suffix. It is an informal version of san used to address children and female family members. It may also be used towards animals, lovers, intimate friends
Sensei (先生) is used to refer to or address teachers, practitioners of a profession such as doctors and lawyers, politicians, and other authority figures.
Sama (様) is the formal version of san. This honorific is used primarily in addressing persons much higher in rank than oneself and in commercial and business settings to address and refer to customers.
Oneesama (お姉様) is a term which literally translates as respected elder sister, but can be used (especially by admirers) to refer to any young female.
Back to top Go down
Jeff.
Elite Member
Elite Member
Jeff.

Male
Number of posts : 303
Mood : Japanese honorifics (titles) Pensive
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Character sheet
Weapon: Kafziel
Class: Martial Artist Martial Artist
HP:
Japanese honorifics (titles) Left_bar_bleue50/50Japanese honorifics (titles) Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: Japanese honorifics (titles)   Japanese honorifics (titles) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 8:04 pm

Interesting info. I've done quite a bit of reading myself so this is stuff i already know Very Happy but thanks for sharing dude.
Back to top Go down
ahmeer
ahmeer

Male
Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Japanese honorifics (titles) Devilish
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Japanese honorifics (titles)   Japanese honorifics (titles) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 9:50 pm

Nice wrk thanks
Back to top Go down
http://ahmeer.co.nr/
Darklord Demeitri
Darklord Demeitri

Male
Number of posts : 1182
Mood : Japanese honorifics (titles) Depressed
Registration date : 2007-10-12

Character sheet
Weapon: Black Devil Genji Blade
Class: Ninja Ninja
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Japanese honorifics (titles)   Japanese honorifics (titles) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 8:15 am

good job blacknite.....i knew what "san and "sama" ment.....but i always wanted to know what "kun" ment. now when i what bleach i know the full meaning Very Happy
Back to top Go down
iBlacknite2.0
iBlacknite2.0

Male
Number of posts : 2728
Mood : Japanese honorifics (titles) Paranoid
Registration date : 2007-11-01

Character sheet
Weapon: Eyes
Class: Knight Knight
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Japanese honorifics (titles)   Japanese honorifics (titles) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 3:36 pm

Ur welcome dude
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese honorifics (titles)   Japanese honorifics (titles) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japanese honorifics (titles)
Page 1 of 1