Jubecron Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jubecron Forum

The JUBECRON forum - Jamaican Chat, Dating, Games, Anime, and just meeting people.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disney buys Marvel Entertainment

Go down 
+5
Prowler
Beezle
iBlacknite2.0
Link
Mr. Newz
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Newz
n00b
n00b
Mr. Newz

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Empty
PostSubject: Disney buys Marvel Entertainment   Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:55 pm

Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Marvel

The Guardian reports:

The Walt Disney empire is to buy the superheroes stable Marvel Entertainment for $4bn (£2.5bn) in a star-studded Hollywood deal that unites family names such as Mickey Mouse with lucrative characters including Spider-Man, the Incredible Hulk and the X-Men.

Disney hopes to put Marvel's 5,000 characters to work on its television channels and in video games, theme parks and movies. The agreed takeover is for a mixture of cash and stock, with Disney shares accounting for roughly 40% of the buyout price.

The tie-up unites two companies with similar business models – they both take characters which capture the popular imagination and promote them vigorously around the world on every possible media platform and through third-party licensing deals.

While Disney has traditionally been known for its wholesome family creations ranging from the Little Mermaid to Lion King, Hannah Montana and Pocahontas, the purchase of Marvel adds an edgier, more violent element – it recently scored a box office success with Iron Man, a movie starring Robert Downey Jr as a billionaire inventor who creates a hi-tech suit of armour to battle evil.

Marvel's characters, who include superhero Captain America, tend to chime particularly well with teenage boys and young men, while Disney has been stronger in appealing to a female audience.

Disney's chief executive, Bob Iger, said Marvel had a "treasure trove" of intellectual property that "transcends gender, age, culture and geographical barriers".

"There are so many opportunities to mine both characters that are known and characters that are not widely known," Iger said.

The tie-up is one of the largest US corporate transactions of the summer and marks a remarkable turnaround for Marvel, originally a comic book company, which filed for bankruptcy in 1996 under heavy debts as it faced a slump in comic book sales.

The two companies hope to complete the deal by the end of the year. Marvel's chief executive, Ike Perlmutter, will be the largest personal winner, scooping $1.4bn in cash and Disney shares in return for his 37% stake in the business.

Perlmutter has been involved in running Marvel since helping to buy the business out of bankruptcy in 1998.

Marvel's chairman, Mort Handel, described Disney as a "perfect home" for his company's library of characters. "Both companies have their roots in great storytelling and innovative artistry," he said.

Marvel had sales of $676m last year but employed just 300 people. Disney, in contrast, had a turnover of $37.8bn and a payroll of 150,000 staff at businesses varying from its Hollywood film studios to ABC television, theme parks on three continents and a high-street chain of Disney merchandise stores.

"This helps give Disney more important exposure to the young male demographic that they have sort of lost some ground with in recent years," said David Joyce, a media analyst at stockbroker Miller Tabak.

He added: "When you look at the kind of TV shows on their cable networks, and the Disney consumer products line for the princess and fairies – the Hannah Montana kind of stuff – it shows that they have a lot of strength addressing the young female demographic."

In a research note, Citigroup analyst Jason Bazinet said: "Disney will also be able to monetise Marvel's brands across its entire ecosystem from TV to parks, movies, consumer products and video games."

Marvel's shares shot up by 26% to $48.78 during early trading on Wall Street. The buyout values Marvel at $50 per share.
Back to top Go down
Link
Admin
Admin
Link

Male
Number of posts : 1217
Mood : Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Balanced
Registration date : 2007-07-26

Character sheet
Weapon: Wooden Spoon of Ignorance
Class: Red Mage Red Mage
HP:
Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Left_bar_bleue50/50Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel Entertainment   Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 3:09 pm

This means no more badass movies or comics.

I wonder if disney will allow for more killing and stuff that's usually derived from marvel comics and pictures.
Back to top Go down
https://jubecron.forumotion.com
iBlacknite2.0
Veteran Member Lv3: F***ing Heavy Poster!!
iBlacknite2.0

Male
Number of posts : 2728
Mood : Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Paranoid
Registration date : 2007-11-01

Character sheet
Weapon: Eyes
Class: Knight Knight
HP:
Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Left_bar_bleue50/50Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel Entertainment   Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 7:56 am

i hate disney
Back to top Go down
Link
Admin
Admin
Link

Male

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel Entertainment   Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 11:38 am

You're not alone dude.

Besides just brain washing kids, everything the that regime releases turns evil, a fact beezle helped me to understand. Look at Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan, Hillary Duff...the proud family. As much as i admit, their movies are the shit, that Disney Channel network is just plain evil, in my opion that is.

I still love how nickelodeon's one mega star relatively cool, Shia Labouf
Back to top Go down
Beezle
Elite Member
Elite Member
Beezle

Female
Number of posts : 547
Mood : Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Breezy
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Character sheet
Weapon: Chakrams
Class: Ninja Ninja
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel Entertainment   Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:20 pm

Shia LaBeouf started off on Disney. He was on Even Stevens, remember?And he did that Disney movie, Holes. The guys that come from Disney do better than the girls (or in this case the one guy).

Ummm, if Marvel was going bankrupt and needed someone to bail them out they should'nt have sold to Disney. Now all their comics will become "family oriented" which is a nice way of saying racist and politically correct.
Back to top Go down
Link
Admin
Admin
Link

Male

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel Entertainment   Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 2:06 pm

Beezle wrote:
Shia LaBeouf started off on Disney. He was on Even Stevens, remember?And he did that Disney movie, Holes. The guys that come from Disney do better than the girls (or in this case the one guy).

I knew i was getting old. It was disney. I have no idea where i got nickelodeon from. I think i wanted to say he was disney's only gud person. Thanks for the clarification beezle.
Back to top Go down
iBlacknite2.0
iBlacknite2.0

Male

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel Entertainment   Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 5:24 pm

DC Comics is gonna take over the market now.
Back to top Go down
Prowler
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Prowler

Number of posts : 112
Mood : Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Fine
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel Entertainment   Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 8:02 pm

I hated this news when I first saw it too, but if you're looking for something good you can say at least the movies will be properly funded. I mean, we all know Disney is a giant money machine which has the ability to back any project they want, even a Pirate's of the Caribbean 4.

If you thought IronMan and X-Men were amazing imagine if Disney's financing it and leaving the same directors in place. And even if they change directors Disney still has directors like Gore Verbinski who are bound to do a great job.
Back to top Go down
Beezle
Elite Member
Elite Member
Beezle

Female
Number of posts : 547
Mood : Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Breezy
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Character sheet
Weapon: Chakrams
Class: Ninja Ninja
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel Entertainment   Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 8:51 pm

Pirates of The Caribbean is a Disney movie? Maybe it's not such a bad deal after all.
Back to top Go down
I3ored
I3ored

Female
Number of posts : 76
Mood : Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Cold
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Character sheet
Weapon: Paper Clip
Class: Viking Viking
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel Entertainment   Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 9:16 pm

*gasp*
Back to top Go down
iBlacknite2.0
iBlacknite2.0

Male

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel Entertainment   Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 3:01 am

disney hates jews
Back to top Go down
Prowler
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Prowler

Number of posts : 112
Mood : Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Fine
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel Entertainment   Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 3:10 am

You really hate those folks up at Disney don't you? lol
Back to top Go down
iBlacknite2.0
iBlacknite2.0

Male

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel Entertainment   Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 3:17 am

yep
Back to top Go down
mafiafran
n00b
n00b
mafiafran

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel Entertainment   Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:26 pm

Maybe it's not such a bad deal after all

Accepting US players
no deposit bonus
Back to top Go down
LeeRain
LeeRain

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel Entertainment   Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 5:30 pm

mafiafran wrote:
Maybe it's not such a bad deal after all

Accepting US players
no deposit bonus

Really,i don't think do.LOL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laurenkof
n00b
n00b
Laurenkof

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel Entertainment   Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 3:52 pm

How are you

bet365
SightlinePaymentsLLCResponsibleGaming
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel Entertainment   Disney buys Marvel Entertainment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disney buys Marvel Entertainment
Page 1 of 1