Jubecron Forum

The JUBECRON forum - Jamaican Chat, Dating, Games, Anime, and just meeting people.

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Grammy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
iBlacknite2.0
Veteran Member Lv3: F***ing Heavy Poster!!
Veteran Member Lv3: F***ing Heavy Poster!!
iBlacknite2.0

Male
Number of posts : 2728
Mood : Grammy Paranoid
Registration date : 2007-11-01

Character sheet
Weapon: Eyes
Class: Knight Knight
HP:
Grammy Left_bar_bleue50/50Grammy Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Grammy Empty
PostSubject: Grammy   Grammy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:50 am

Stephen Marley yesterday became the third consecutive Marley to walk away with the Best Reggae Album award at the 50th staging of the annual Grammy Awards.

Stephen follows brothers Ziggy and Damian, who copped the award in 2007 and 2006, respectively. This is Stephen's sixth Grammy award, but his first as a solo artiste. As a part of Ziggy Marley and The Melody Makers, Stephen won the award in 1988, 1989 and 1997. He also earned awards for his production work on both of brother Damian's award winning albums, Halfway Tree in 2001 and Welcome to Jamrock in 2006.

His solo debut, Mind Control, was released on June 7, 2005 and has been earning positive reviews ever since. The album also made it to number one on the Billboard Reggae Chart. His nomination therefore came as no surprise. The album boasts 11 superbly produced tracks and the single 'The Mission', a collaboration with Damian, has been receiving a lot of airplay.

Marley could not be reached for comment. However, in a previous interview with THE STAR, he said of his nomination, "I feel great. Mind Control is a good body of work. The message from Mind Control itself really got out there, which is important."

Grammy Sig-1
Da hatred turn me on, I'm masterbatin at da top,
These bitches so excited so they catchin every drop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Grammy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jubecron Forum :: Entertainment :: Music-
Jump to: