Jubecron Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jubecron Forum

The JUBECRON forum - Jamaican Chat, Dating, Games, Anime, and just meeting people.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside]

Go down 
+6
Butterfly
weed ed
Beezle
iBlacknite2.0
PAPoUCH
Link
10 posters

Is this cool or what?
Not really...it's just Obama
President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Icon_vote_lcap33%President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Icon_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
GO Mr. Prez!!
President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Icon_vote_lcap67%President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Icon_vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Link
Admin
Admin
Link

Male
Number of posts : 1217
Mood : President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Balanced
Registration date : 2007-07-26

Character sheet
Weapon: Wooden Spoon of Ignorance
Class: Red Mage Red Mage
HP:
President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Left_bar_bleue50/50President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Empty
PostSubject: President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside]   President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:22 am

President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Barack_obama

Oct. 9 (Bloomberg) -- President Barack Obama said he would accept the Nobel Peace Prize “as an affirmation of American leadership” after receiving the award just nine months into his term and without the record of achievement of past laureates.

“I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many of the transformative figures” who’ve won previously, Obama said in the White House Rose Garden today. “I will accept this award as a call to action, a call for all nations to confront the common challenges of the 21st century.”

None of the organizations or analysts that follow Nobel prizes predicted the 2009 award for Obama, who is the third sitting U.S. president to have won the prize, following Theodore Roosevelt in 1906 and Woodrow Wilson in 1919. Former President Jimmy Carter won in 2002 and former Vice President Al Gore received it in 2007.

In giving Obama the prize, Thorbjoern Jagland, chairman of the five-member Nobel committee, said Obama “created a new climate in international politics.”

The committee “in particular looked at Obama’s vision and work toward a world without atomic weapons,” Jagland said.

In his speech, the president said that much of work he is trying to undertake, such as ridding the world of nuclear weapons, is unlikely to be completed before he leaves office.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aSPIBVj3JZvk

source: bloomberg.com

Last edited by Link on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://jubecron.forumotion.com
PAPoUCH
Super Elite Lv2: Jr. Vet
Super Elite Lv2: Jr. Vet
PAPoUCH

Male
Number of posts : 1860
Mood : President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Sunshine
Registration date : 2007-10-12

Character sheet
Weapon: Crowbar
Class: Thief Thief
HP:
President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Left_bar_bleue50/50President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside]   President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:02 pm

Obama to the flippin world
Back to top Go down
http://www.penngosquad.forumotion.com
iBlacknite2.0
Veteran Member Lv3: F***ing Heavy Poster!!
Veteran Member Lv3: F***ing Heavy Poster!!
iBlacknite2.0

Male
Number of posts : 2728
Mood : President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Paranoid
Registration date : 2007-11-01

Character sheet
Weapon: Eyes
Class: Knight Knight
HP:

PostSubject: Re: President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside]   President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 7:51 am

he's still just a poppet.
Back to top Go down
Link
Admin
Admin
Link

Male

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside]   President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 11:43 am

at first i took this nobel prize thing as a great achievement for him but now i kinda think this is all a ploy to prevent him from sending more troops to Afghanistan. I mean which nobel peace laureatte is going to faciliate more troops for war?
Back to top Go down
Beezle
Elite Member
Elite Member
Beezle

Female
Number of posts : 547
Mood : President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Breezy
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Character sheet
Weapon: Chakrams
Class: Ninja Ninja
HP:

PostSubject: Re: President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside]   President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:22 pm

This is good for Obama and all but . . . what exactly did he do to deserve this?
Back to top Go down
Link
Admin
Admin
Link

Male

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside]   President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 2:03 pm

the same thing the 3 presidents before him did....nothing.

well you've seen my theory already on why he was given it.
Back to top Go down
weed ed
weed ed

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside]   President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 2:37 pm

Yow, Obama mi seh. Obama fi mi rass money!
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member
Butterfly

Female
Number of posts : 396
Mood : President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Confused
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Character sheet
Weapon: My Brain
Class: Monk Monk
HP:

PostSubject: Re: President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside]   President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 3:11 pm

I don't think he deserves it. I don't c where he has done anything different from the former presidents. There's no way they can determine the "good" he's done in the first two weeks of his term.
Back to top Go down
Link
Admin
Admin
Link

Male

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside]   President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 3:19 pm

Butterfly wrote:
I don't think he deserves it. I don't c where he has done anything different from the former presidents. There's no way they can determine the "good" he's done in the first two weeks of his term.

The polls for the nobel peace nomination closed 2 weeks before he was elected president. More than likely it was either his uniting speeches or the fact that they were trying to predict his success.
Back to top Go down
Butterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member
Butterfly

Female
Number of posts : 396
Mood : President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Confused
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Character sheet
Weapon: My Brain
Class: Monk Monk
HP:

PostSubject: Re: President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside]   President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 4:30 pm

I stand corrected. Nominating him b4 he even does somethin is even more retarded. Wat about ppl who have already proven their success from years of hard work n reasearch. One thing I can say tho, he mite make a greater effort to end d war in Iraq bcuz now a lot more is expected of him.
Back to top Go down
Prowler
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Prowler

Number of posts : 112
Mood : President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Fine
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside]   President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 8:15 pm

Obama winning this is nothing important to me because I'm still waiting on him to bring peace. There are 2 wars being fought by our troops, the retarded right wing is members of congress are trying to spiral our country into another civil war and my hamster is still missing!

Rush Limbaugh sounding like he was going to have a heart attack on his show is the only thing this award is good for.
Back to top Go down
Random Nut
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Random Nut

Number of posts : 149
Mood : President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Insomnious
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Character sheet
Weapon: Omni Summoning Staff
Class: Scholar Scholar
HP:

PostSubject: Re: President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside]   President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 8:31 pm

Does anyone know why he got this award?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tubgirl.com
Snake Widow
Snake Widow

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Character sheet
Weapon: Hidden Book of Spell
Class: Cleric Cleric
HP:

PostSubject: Re: President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside]   President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:17 am

What happens to the other sock when you put it in the dryer? No one knows. Just like no one knows why he won this. But who cares, he has it.
Back to top Go down
Non Compos Mentis
Non Compos Mentis

Male
Number of posts : 53
Mood : President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Fiendish
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Character sheet
Weapon: Mirror of Galadriel
HP:

PostSubject: Re: President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside]   President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Undeservingly Premature.......That's what I think....
Back to top Go down
http://maestroloco.hi5.com
Non Compos Mentis
Non Compos Mentis

Male
Number of posts : 53
Mood : President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Fiendish
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Character sheet
Weapon: Mirror of Galadriel
HP:

PostSubject: Re: President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside]   President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 4:45 pm

Link wrote:
the same thing the 3 presidents before him did....nothing.

well you've seen my theory already on why he was given it

No Linkus Maximus Epilepticus Craniumus....I differ somewhat re the 3 presidents prior:

1. Theodore Roosevelt started out in the military, did a lot of humanitarian work in Africa and South America. He was an explorer and nature lover/conservationist (much like Al Gore)...Many scholars have graded him as the greatest US president....

2. Woodrow Wilson...(sighs)....I AGREE! That Negro-hating-god-forsaken-fascist-bumboclaat-eediat (deep breath) shoulda dead from im inna him mumma belly... I think his award was on the basis of how great his intellect was....first and only phd to date as president...(for real, i thought bama had one...Ph. D.<<====>>J.D., same thing if you ask me)...

3. Jimmy Carter really deserved it...THe man is a Michael Jackson with a brain, some esteem, and manliness...(did that come out right)...He's one of the greatest philanthropists we've seen in eons...

4. Al Gore....same case as Carter and Roosevelt.....

5. Obama.....same case as Usain Bolt, O.J.....makes no god damn sense....yet.....again I repeat premature....they have even gotten the chance to excel yet or make a solid impact....I mean, Tyson Gay soon start run 9.40 flat....(breathes)...alright, that's a different topic so I will digress and end here.......

Boy this forum thing has got me talking....shit!!!
Back to top Go down
http://maestroloco.hi5.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside]   President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

President Obama wins Noble Peace Prize [poll inside]
Page 1 of 1